Thursday, March 27, 2008

Gratitude List


It's high time I made one of these. I spoke with my sponsor last night and she served up a big dish of sympathy about my migrane issues. That's all well and good and I appreciate it but I need to get moving on the step stuff with her. I'm stalled out at step 6 and need a kick in the butt.

Today I am grateful for


  • My sponsor. She rocks and I love her. We love to laugh together and she always helps me get out of my shit.

  • My husband. He's really worried about me right now and it's touching to see how much he cares. Sometimes I think I forget about that or take it for granted. He really loves me!

  • My kids. They can usually help me forget about anything bad that's going on. Seeing life through their eyes helps me to keep it simple.

  • AA meetings. If you've ever been to one you know why. It's refreshing to have others understand you, REALLY understand you. And someone always has something going on in their life that makes my stuff seem excruciatingly trivial (which it probably is).

  • ...and that one leads me to this one, Luxury Problems. Yep, I'm grateful that my paycheck that I'm due to get tomorrow is already spent on bills. That's the essence of a luxury problem for me.

  • I don't have a headache right now. :)

  • There is food at my house and I can make dinner for my kids when I get home from work.

  • Even though my house is a mess, I have a house and all my stuff is in it. Even though I have too much stuff. Again, another Luxury Problem!

  • My cats. Having 9 of them, there is always someone around wanting to snuggle and be petted. And I'm grateful that we have pain medication for our sweet Kack who has terminal mouth cancer. At least I can make her comfortable.

  • My job. I love my job. Every Monday morning I come to work and kiss my desk. My job rocks!

  • My co-workers. I actually am blessed to work with people who have become my friends. And I also work with a fellow AA, he has 19 years. Don't let it fool ya, he's still a 14 year old boy. They never grow up!

  • My mother. She is one of my best friends. I'm blessed to have her living close by and we are there for each other.

  • My BFF Amy. I am so proud of her, fighting her cancer!

  • God, very grateful to God (my HP) for giving me the opportunity to live a sober life. I know I take way too much for granted and I don't say thank you nearly enough. Everything I have in my life today is a gift of sobriety. I would not be married if not for AA, would not have had children, certainly would not be living where I am living (geographically) and for that matter I don't know if I would still be living at all.

  • Grateful for my sober anniversary, 9 years this month. I get to speak this Sunday at my home group and share cake with all my friends!

  • Grateful that I had the opportunity to receive my father's amends before his memory loss disease became so bad that he wasn't able to make them. That was a moment of complete spirituality in my life, and I think in his also. I'll tell that story sometime.

That's it for now. Gratitude lists are awesome!

No comments: