Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Crazy heat wave


This is rediculous. I am not one who does well in heat. Growing up in Miami you would think I am more acclimated to it than I am. I am a total bitch when I get overheated. Here in New England, air conditioning isn't necessarily percieved as needed, since there are about 2-3 weeks during the summer when the heat and humidity become oppressive. The rest of the time it's pretty bearable. Unless you happen to be me, of course.

So we have no a/c in our apartment and our living space is on the second floor, and the nights have been terrible. During the day I am at my office (thank god) and there is air conditioning here. At least I can breathe! I am tempted to just throw down a sheet and sleep on the floor at work. Over the weekend I filled up my car with the last of the $3.99 gas and drove around with the kids just to have the air conditioner on. I didn't even care that the a/c uses a ton of gas. When you're that hot, you just don't care about money!

We don't usually get terrible heat like this until July. Global warming, no joke. This heat wave (it is a wave since it is on day 4) is supposed to break tomorrow with torrental thunderstorms. There is even a tornado watch right now for our area. Sheesh. I think we've really pissed Mother Nature off with all of our planet raping over the years. It's payback time. I am headed to the river with hubby and kids after work. Time to cool off...

No comments: