Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Amends

Dear old friend with whom I have had no contact for many (15+) years,

I'm fairly certain that I owe you an apology, although to be honest I don't recall the exact details around why that is. But I can tell you that when you and I were friends, back in the early to mid 90's, I was in the process of becoming an alcoholic and addict. During that time, I made a lot of bad choices and I did a lot of things to a lot of people that were less than admirable. I am sure I behaved in a manipulative, self motivated way towards you and I need to take responsibility for that.

I have been in recovery and sober now for 9 years and have moved on with my life in a positive way. Please know that I am honestly sorry for my behavior and for any pain it might have caused you. I wish you nothing but the best that life has to offer and much happiness with your beautiful family.

Me