Tuesday, April 1, 2008




One of my favorite definitions of serenity!

Strange day today. But I did get to a meeting and it was really a good one. Small, like some of the meetings around here can be, just 6 people. A Big Book meeting, and today we read the 12th step (Chapter 7 I think). It reminds me that my sobriety is precious because it is a gift, and that to keep that gift I must be ever willing to give it away. I can share the message, I can be an example to others and I can try to live a sober, responsible life today.

And that's what I'm trying to do. I think I fell short of the mark today. I have had a conflictual relationship with someone at work and today I am not sure that my motives were in the right place. I think I am letting self will run a bit riot and I can't afford to do that. I don't know if I can undo what I did, or even if that is the right thing to do, but I can be more responsible for my actions and not continue to act in a non-sober way. Or at least not act in a way that later makes me question my motives. I have to remember that as an alcoholic I can't afford to relish in even justifiable anger. And I have no right to act out of resentment or retaliation whether or not the wrongs done to me are real or imagined. I have the responsibility to be completely honest with myself and another human being.

My next call will be to my sponsor! And I will sleep better tonight knowing that I've posted this.

No comments: